Sunday 10 March 2013

WBCOOP Event #27 NLHE [Turbo]

Hi everyone!

Today we woke up super early. André got a phone call last week inviting him to the inauguration of a sports store. The store had already been there for quite some time, but they renovated the whole thing. And guess what - André got the invitation cause he is one of their top 20 customers!

Having made a significant contribution myself through my boyfriend's store card, I didn't know if we should be happy that we were obviously caring so much about our fitness or if we should worry about spending so much money on it that it took us all the way up to the top 20 of the list. Anyway, the event was at 9:00 a.m. and they would be offering breakfast. You may think everything is fine until this part of the story, but it's not.

One of the reasons I decided to play the #WBCOOP is because it wouldn't mess with my sleeping schedule. For grinding purposes, I wake up around 13:00 and go to sleep around 4:00. Sure, I don't get to enjoy many hours of sunlight but I profit from the great games running during those hours at Pokerstars. Not sure if you made the connection already, but us going to the breakfast store opening was more or less what it would be for a person that works on a 9-5 job to wake up and go to a party at 3 a.m.


Clearly not the best idea, but we decided to go. We got up at 8:00 after 4 hours of sleep. We went to the opening which was a bit of a disappointment. I'm not sure what I was expecting to see, but it was not really worth interrupting my sleep. Around an hour later, we got in the car to go back home. You can't press a button and  instantly go back to sleep no matter how tired you are, so we had to repeat our nighttime routine: hot beverage and one or two episodes from whatever series it is we're watching at the time.

When we woke up, it was already 16:00. Fortunately, the only #WBCOOP event I would be playing for the day would start at 23:00 which gave me plenty of time. I came to the office and ate a meal (not sure if it classifies as lunch, dinner or something else entirely). My original plan was to study or grind a bit before Event 27, but I was too tired to do anything.

Eventually, I decided that it would be a bad idea to play the event while feeling tired and sleepy, so I decided to take a nap. Good thing we have a small couch for that sort of emergencies.

I woke up feeling much better. Although not at 100%, I was ready to play! Event #27, here I go! I made a hot tea (had already gotten my second coffee before going to sleep), grabbed some donuts and sat in front of the computer. No long session could scare me, I was fully prepared!



I picked up a nice stack early on. It was your regular story of set vs top two pair. This seems to be happening to me a lot these days. Fortunately I was on the right side of the cards this time, so I got a nice boost early on with this one.

Then for a while I kept getting bad hands so my game was limited to fold-fold-fold. Very exciting. Till I got... A shiny pair of Jacks! Everyone folded to me and I min-raised from the button. The big blind re-raised and I called. I'm not really bothering to talk about specific amounts of bets cause the bottom line is, we ended up all-in on the flop. The flop was 9s-2h-3h, a very good board for me. He checked, I bet half the flop, he doubled it and I shoved my overpair right then and there. What did he show? A6o. He was soooooo much behind! But of course in order to win in poker you always need a bit of luck. The ace hit on the river (it always has to be the very last card, right?) and I was out of the hand. And the tournament.

Too bad this was short-lived, I was really looking forward to playing at turbo speed... But oh, well! That's poker!


338th place and miles away from the money. Total cashes so far: 3 out of 8. Not such a great score, especially since I didn't make any deep runs. Tomorrow I'll be using my last two tickets: events #29 NLHE [6-Max] and #30 NLHE. The 6-Max should be more fun. I hope I manage to cash in both, I'll be very happy with 50% cashes!

That's all for now, see you tomorrow with another update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blockquote

Unordered List